I looked up the AT&T coverage may for my area then called my local store. There is no "4G LTE" in the state of Oregon. What we have in McMinnvile is the "first layer" of 4G. I looked up the definitions of "first layer of 4G" but didn't understand it. Recently I found another article that talked about Apple, AT&T and 4G. It was very interesting and I understood some of it. Looks like I have HSPA+ [what ya think, Reboot?]

It will not bother me that I do not have 4G or 4G LTE speeds. I do okay with whatever we have smile

Really, not a whole lot of the U.S. is covered by AT&T 4G LTE

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/03/08/att-apple-hspa-lie/

Quote:
“UMTS standards are defined by an organization known as the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), which is a body comprised of partners like telecommunications companies, wireless carriers, and cellular hardware manufacturers. Standards are important, and their formation requires collaboration and discussion. Major revisions are finalized, synchronized, and become “releases.” For example the first releases define GSM, release 99 defines UMTS, release 5 defines HSDPA, 6 defines HSUPA, 7 – HSPA+, 8 – LTE, and 10 – LTE Advanced.”
But AT&T’s LTE network isn’t what’s being referenced here. The iPhone didn’t suddenly become an LTE-capable capable device by simply upgrading the version of iOS that it’s running. AT&T is defining its HSPA+ network as 4G, but by the very definition of HSPA+, theoretical speeds aside, it doesn’t qualify as 4G.
This is clearly, without any doubt, a continued marketing ploy by AT&T and Apple has allowed the carrier to dupe consumers. Yes, our trusty friend in Cupertino has caved, allowing AT&T to dictate via marketing what is set up as a standard. The question that arises is also the potential danger — What will Apple allow the carriers to do next?