I don't think I mentioned this before, but the grandparents wanted my son to visit for New Years (that's like Christmas in the US). My wife and I weren't sure, but it is significantly closer to the problem. But my son and I went (wife stayed home to work). The rad levels are actually pretty low there anyway. However, I was not happy with some food they would put on the table while we were there. They neglected to tell us for example that the potatoes they were putting in every dish were from my father-in-laws old farm MUCH nearer to the reactors and harvested in July. I checked websites and root vegetables have yet to show any spikes, so it was probably safe but.... the last thing I needed was a big fight with the in-laws. They have been told food is safe, so it's safe. There was another instance where they were thrilled to get some plums at discount because NOONE ELSE WOULD BUY THEM! I had to bite my tongue hard. My son wanted to stay longer, but I made an excuse and we left days earlier than we had planned. Ah, the post-disaster politics...