I just got back from my local Apple store where I waited in line for the forth time to secure an AT&T 64 gig iPad 2. The forth time.

I had a good feeling about it today too. When I arrived this morning at around 7:45 there were only about fifteen people in front of me-- so I thought my odds were good. I wasn't so lucky and I went home empty handed again. I felt particularly needled when the store employee handing out tickets told me (and others) to try again tomorrow.

It wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that I've been waiting for this thing to come out for a year, and its launch corresponded with my having received my federal tax return-- a situation which seemed almost serendipitous.

My frustration is acute.

Why, I wonder, does my local store get only 15 to 25 units a day? I happened to be in the mall last night to ask a question about the new Apple TV and I asked the sales associate if they had received an ample amount to be distributed the following morning (today). He wouldn't tell me anything, of course and I felt like begging him to give me a clue so that I wouldn't waste any more of my time. What's left of my dignity prevented me from that though.

I get it: The product is in high demand. Something about this isn't right however, and it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

It's definitely not AAPL's finest moment.

Edited by Jashue (03/29/11 06:35 AM)