I'm trying to convert some MKV files to AVI for free. I've done some searching and it's seems Film Redux is good free software to do this. I was just wondering if there is anywhere to get this already built, rather than having to download the source and build it myself (I have OS X 10.5.8). I don't have Xcode and am therefore unable to open the file needed to build it.

This is all new to me, so maybe I'm missing something simple. I searched Xcode and it asked me to log in as a Mac developer (or something like that) and I just stopped there, since I'm not a registered Mac developer... I found a short thread on this site about this topic from a couple of years ago, but it wasn't helpful, as it just suggested to build it all from the code.

Alternatively, is there any other free software I could use to accomplish the same thing? I tried something called Video Monkey and it didn't work for me (I don't remember the error message).

Anyway, maybe I'm SOL, I dunno, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone knew of anything that could help me. Thanks!