Quote:
Now, if some poor schmuck takes a right wing position, he or she quickly finds him or herself alone and facing a wall of liberal wrath.

See, I guess this is where you lose me a little -- that and the "opposing views are not welcome here" deal. I haven't seen any foaming-at-the-mouth get-the-he'll-out attitudes in here in a long time. The most liberal poster here I can think of Is Gary, and agree with him or not, he usually posts cogent replies or opinions (charts included!) ... I certainly have never seen him or anyone else tell someone they shouldn't post or that their opinions are unwelcome ...

Part of the problem *is* that there is an unbalance here right now, so a view from the Right is probably going to meet with a disproportionate number of replies from the Left. Is that hounding or unwelcoming? Kind of depends on your expectations I guess. Although in this thread I thought there was a fairly equal back-and-forth with Tahoe holding his own fairly well, and I certainly hope that spirited encounters won't dissuade him from posting further ...

Although things aren't going to get any better either if any responses to a view from the Right are automatically written-off as hounding and such, 'cause that'll scare new folk off just as much as actual exchanges might :-D