Quote:
Of course, nobody's straining to do anything.

Yep, straining. One sentence has been isolated and pored over in the most negative way to get to a meaning that's contradicted by more or less everything else he has said. He said, for example, that "When I learned that 11 men had lost their lives in the explosion and fire on the Deepwater Horizon, I was personally devastated". Oh! So he only cares about himself then? How devastated does he think the families are, bastard. Oh, but wait: "I attended a memorial service for those men and it was a shattering moment. I want to offer my sincere condolences to their friends and families I can only imagine their sorrow". Anyone can take a statement out of context and misrepresent a person's sentiment with a deliberately mean and nasty interpretation - and that's what you lot are all doing.

Quote:
The way it was said implied he was tired and annoyed with the situation and simply wanted it to go away, which were backed up by his actions afterwards.

The way it was inferred more like - by the "BP BP BP BP is to blame for everything" movement.

Quote:
simply wanted it to go away, which were backed up by his actions afterwards.

What actions? He was dealing with the response almost non-stop until he was replaced by the company.

Quote:
If he truly wasn't whining as you suggest, then as the CEO of a company his couth is terribly lacking as he should be more intelligent then to utter words so easily misinterpreted.

Too judgmental. People had the option of taking a positive or negative view of his words and they blew it.

km