I have about 2,200 contacts in ACT!. When I run the conversion script (ACT! to Now 1.0.4), it converts about 1,200 of them, then times out. I've tried it several times over, and on two different Macs. But I can't get the entire database to convert. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to remedy it? By the way, I tried to follow the instructions exactly, but that's impossible, as the directions were written for a different version of Now, and some of the wording in the directions just doesn't apply. So I made the best decisions I could.
Second question, does anyone have the technical capability of mapping the conversion more precisely? In customizing ACT!, I have field names unrelated to the default names. For instance, I have my "home phone" numbers listed under the "secretary" field. I don't want to have to make 2,200 cut-and-pastes, several times over, if it can be mapped properly before the conversion process even gets started.
Xplain's use of MacNews, AppleCentral and AppleExpo are not affiliated with Apple, Inc. MacTech is a registered trademark of Xplain Corporation. AppleCentral, MacNews, Xplain, "The journal of Apple technology", Apple Expo, Explain It, MacDev, MacDev-1, THINK Reference, NetProfessional, MacTech Central, MacTech Domains, MacForge, and the MacTutorMan are trademarks or service marks of Xplain Corp. Sprocket is a registered trademark of eSprocket Corp. Other trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain the property of their respective holders.
All contents are Copyright 1984-2010 by Xplain Corporation. All rights reserved. Theme designed by Icreon.