Originally Posted By: carp
Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Hey, I use Macs for a reason!

Apparently not for education ? ?

I dont no but I do have an HP printer next to me , maybe I should look again laugh ahh a Canon Camera , ahh Neo Office for transferring files to a PC , ahhhhh should I make a long list ? ?

I see where your coming from but thats really a half truth . Don't let the school IT dope ya

Take it easy there bud. Let's not get hateful. Keep it constructive.

---

My take is that to use the Mac OS properly you have to accept a more limited hardware selection. BUT ... You also don't have to deal with drivers. There are some compatibility issues, but if your third party vendor sticks to standards & industry guidelines, your device "should" be compatible with OS X in the most basic forms. The devices that do work well with the Mac OS also get a small but dedicated customer base. So you have a few companies that work well with your OS (OS X) and they continue to develop their hardware and software to work well with your operating system.

I am 98% willing to not have to think about hardware options and choices in excess when I go to buy a computer. When I go to buy a Mac I accept that I am going to have a few choices, but they will all satisfy my needs & wants. Maybe there might be one or two things that I would need 0.1% of the time that my Mac wouldn't have. But generally I can work around it, and am willing to be happy 99.9% of the time with my computing choice by choosing Apple products.

Stepping down now.