I was perusing through a local thrift shop I go to everyday after work. There it was, a Quicksilver and what I correctly assumed was a Sawtooth. 5 bucks for the sawtooth, and 10 for the quicksilver. I tested it as best I could, it seemed to be fine enough. Onward home.

I've wiped the drive and loaded tiger, then added a radeon 7200, 768 megs ram, FW and USB 2 card. Best of all it had a working Airport b card, sadly though, the airport connects to my network but does not connect to the internet. Same result with 2nd card, so I think wireless is out for now. I can sell the card easily enough. Has anyone had luck with overclocking the 733 processor to leopard speeds?

I'm thinking to use it as an old school mac gaming station with OS9 and OSX, and a super mega itunes ripping machine. The one thing that has always bothered me about the G3 B&W through the G4 and G5 cases is the lack of a 2nd optical drive. I'm thinking of maybe an ATX case mod with plenty of drive bays.

Though the thought of stripping it back down and just selling it has crossed the mind too. I already have a mac mini as a jukebox with good specs and a 2nd external Dual layer dvd burner.

Ideas, opinions, musings.....?
2.4gHz 15" MacBook Pro, 1.66gHz Core Duo Mac Mini, 2.5gHz G5 QUAD, 733mHz Quicksilver, 450mHz G4 Cube, 700mHz G3 iBook, 350mHz Sawtooth G4, 350mHz Revs. A and B B&W G3, 16mHz Powerbook 100, 8mHz Macitosh Classic.