Last year I painted a G4 sawtooth case red and black. I decided to take it further and get rid of the shinny chrome inside the case. I found a can of Metalcast red paint in my paint supplies box and took off a panel on the case to do a test so if it didn't come out right the panel would hide the mistake. The paint test came out great. I removed all of the panels and gutted the system and painted the whole metal frame of the case in the red metalcast. Since I didn't want just red I painted a the CD-ROM/Zip Drive cage in a semi flat black. I also gutted the power supply and painted the power supply cage/case in semi gloss black as well.

Next step is to mount the 120mm fan back but with out that rail. I'm thinking to use some riser studs for that.

I also need to get some black round IDE cables and a wire sleeve kit for the power supply cables.

The only thing I don't like about this is the PCB materiel Apple chose doesn't fit the scheme at all. Having green colored circuit boards in a red case looks ugly as heck. I could put white glue on most of the contacts then paint it with a enamel and peel the glue back off but that would be too much work.

BTW, i'll take some pictures soon.