I want a Mac tablet, I want one really really bad, though not quite $2,400 (modbook) bad. Bad enough to try OSX86, but all those PC tablets are butt ugly and I really don't feel like dealing with a hacked/pirated OS. I really really want a real mac tablet. So here I go.

I googled around and around and around. I found that the Gateway M275 tablet has a 14" LCD that is the same panel used in some G4 ibooks. (pretty darn sure anyway) even if the panel itself does not work the Wacom tablet board and tempered glass overlay could be transferred to the ibook. The trouble is that tiny little wacom board and how the heck to wire it. I have been emailing the author of the tabletmagic serial driver for help on the software end. What I also need to pull this off is help on the hardware end as well, how the heck am I going to figure out how to wire this thing to a usb adaptor? I know knothing about serial connections. I will post a photo of the board and its connectors so everyone can collectively scratch their heads. It has 14 pins on but only 9 wires are used. The pins are not labled. There is a little 3v printed on the board that may be running from the 8th connected pin. I want so bad to believe that the number 9 is not a coincedence and its a normal 9 pin serial connection. But I am very wary, one mistake can fry this thing.