So, as some of you may read, I'm having trouble with the iBook I gave my G/F. I decided to try to overclock a spare iBook mobo I had laying around to see how fast I could get it to run and still be stable. So, I took the 300 mHz mobo and overclocked it to 400 mHz. I figured I could go higher, but I'd start there. So, I moved the resistors around, plugged the naked board into the wall with a wireless mouse and booted off an OS 10.2 CD. It came up fine, but while I was formatting the drive, the system locked up. Whoops. Must be too fast. So I set forth to figure out what went wrong. There was a strong smell of ozone coming from the board. Uh-oh... I checked to make sure everything was ok, let the processor cool down to room temp, and fired it back up. As soon as you turn the board on, it locks up and the processor becomes too hot to touch. As soon as you pull the power, she cools right back down. And that is how I killed a Clamshell iBook. I'm thinking I'm probably not going to try to overclock my G4 iBook.

-USMC Corporal Hess Sherrod B:6/6/84 D:4/6/09 I miss you, my brother.