Well, I got my MacBook in the mail today.
Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. I just don't enjoy using it as much as my iBook.
But, as side from that performance wise.. Whew. This thing flies with less than half the RAM of my iBook. The speakers aren't too bad either. Aren't drowned out too easily.

So as I discussed in the other thread...
This MacBook is getting some nice hopeful mods done.
I realize that backlighting the keyboard will not be possible, but underlighting it might be.
WIth correctly placed fiber optic strands I really think I can get light to shine up and out from under the key.
Complete dying of black/red was the original choice, but now I'm entertaining the idea of a new color scheme.
Upgrade HD, Superdrive and RAM to maximum.
Upgrade thermal paste to Artic Silver 5 to improve thermal dynamics a bit.
Wii-esque Superdrive mouth LEDs. laugh
I think it'll be a fun mod.

Update 3/24/08: Just an update to assure this isn't a dead project. I'm waiting for the 500GB Notebook drives to come out in June to do the work to the MacBook. Main reason is that I know it's going to be a hassle to take it apart, and I'd rather do everything once than twice. The 2GB of RAM came a few days ago, and the machine's performance is wondrously faster. I've found this: http://shop.sickmods.net/product/PulseVU_2/
As an LED controller for my lighted Superdrive. I'm looking into the idea of adding SMT LEDs underneath the keyboard, but I won't know if thats a possibility until I tear this thing open.

Edited by (03/24/08 08:29 AM)