1. can i build an external raid that will be compatible with my g5 and a intel mac book pro?
2. how many laptop batteries would i need to power the raid for let say 12 hrs? how could i power them on and off? what would be the cheapest(within reason) way to go about this?
3. where could i find some really silent fans for cheap?
4. any suggestions about mounting them and making it really shock absorbent?
5. what would be the best way to connect the mac book pro to the p2 store, firewire or ethernet, or maybe some other way?
6. would i have to put a processor in the box as well to control the raid or should i keep it brainless and just hook it up to the macbook pro?
7. how could i best configure this?
1. Yes, with no issues. 2. I am not sure about laptop batteries. I would try and go another route, and you would need to do some calculations to make sure you have enough power, but I would go with a car battery and a converter of some sort and power everything up.
Xplain's use of MacNews, AppleCentral and AppleExpo are not affiliated with Apple, Inc. MacTech is a registered trademark of Xplain Corporation. AppleCentral, MacNews, Xplain, "The journal of Apple technology", Apple Expo, Explain It, MacDev, MacDev-1, THINK Reference, NetProfessional, MacTech Central, MacTech Domains, MacForge, and the MacTutorMan are trademarks or service marks of Xplain Corp. Sprocket is a registered trademark of eSprocket Corp. Other trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain the property of their respective holders.
All contents are Copyright 1984-2010 by Xplain Corporation. All rights reserved. Theme designed by Icreon.