I recently purchased an ibook g3 500Mhz logic board to replace my burnt out 800Mhz board. I was told that it was in great working condition without any issues. So, when i got it home, I plugged in the power supply board, and hooked up everything else. When I plugged the powerbrick into the wall, it lit up green like it usually does, but when I hit the power button to turn it on, nothing happened. i was very sad! soooo, just to make sure, i plugged in the old board, turned it on, it gave me the startup chime, the fan spun for a few seconds, and continued. so, i know that the parts are working. then, i plugged just the power supply, fan, and the switch/speakers into the 500mhz board, booted it up, and nothing. no chime, no fan, no nothing.

When i first got the board, I noticed it has a tiny connection that my 800mhz doesn't have.it's located right across from the audio in jack, between the speaker connection and one of the video ones. it's got a inch or so of red and black wire, with a 1cm x 1cm circuit board on it. Is there any chance that this would have anything to do with why it won't boot? Or, is there some sort of failsafe power thing i'm missing?? or is this just a faulty board??