I'm done with everything except fitting a piece of acrylic to cover the optical bay hole. These are the pictures of the cleaned G3 cases.

Here's the painted bottom.

In this photo, if you look closely, you can see I had to enlarge the holes that secure the cover. It was easily done with an exacto. Don't worry that the space between them looks different. The grill on the top cover is the same size as the G3 cover. The elargement on the G4 doesn't increase any airflow.

In this one, you can see the posts that the large hex screws for the bottom cover are. Those need to be shaved down to the same level as the G4 cover.

Here's a picture of the optical bay. This almost fit with no modification. You have to shave about 1.5mm of plastic off of the left bottom corner of the slot bezel.

Here are two picts of the nearly completed modification. I used a Nasa picture of the Horsehead and Flame nebulas for the top cover.

If you have any questions, please ask!

-USMC Corporal Hess Sherrod B:6/6/84 D:4/6/09 I miss you, my brother.