Well yesterday the lights went out. So to keep myself busy I went into the garage and found a bunch of stuff to make a DIY water cooling kit. Extra silicon vacuum hose from my car. A few fittings. A old jug that some 6mm airsoft BBs came in. Used my cordless drill and made holes for the fittings on the jug that i'm using for the water tank. I tested the jug with 5PSI and it held nicely. Went and hunted down my extra water block for GPU chipsets and the hose fittings. Everything came together but I needed a pump. Well I found a water fall pump that I had forgot about. I had to modify the pump for the thicker hose by attaching a short copper tube in the water pump's smaller hose and put the thicker hose over and clamped it.. Best part the pump uses 12 volts. Since the lights were out and I wanted to test it ASAP I took my 9.6v R/C car battery and tested it. Works great but it started to leak around the top part of the jug on the return but that can be fixed with some Teflon tape. Now I just needed to find a way to make the water block to attach to the CPU. I made a bracket out of some aluminum and used two long screws. The aluminum has a groove on the bottom and the water block has a screw top to hold in place. The screws are going though the stock heatsink positioning holes and held with nuts.

Edited by (08/02/07 04:47 AM)