Just a note of interest, from what I've recently read there has been a game that supposedly that could only run using Vista and with direct X 10, that has been cracked to run under Windows XP and direct X 9.0... So therefore one may just have to wait for people to crack the games to run under the older version and OS.  This probably will happen quite a bit much to MS' sadness because they are using this only for Vista deal to push sales of Vista when most PC gamers are against doing so.  and as far as the 8800 coming to a Mac Pro, I be.live it is quite likely because many of the big game developers are looking towards developing for Mac.  E.A. and ID for example, these and other companies will also take note that also people will be able to run Windows games on their Mac's via Boot Camp, and also there are coming soon solutions to run Windows XP/Vista along side OS X Leopard that are coming from what I've heard.  Is looking forward to the day when a Mac will run Windows based apps without running windows however, like running it through a Rosetta type program or something...