1.42 GHz Mini AV Workstation in a Briefcase MOD...

Recently, I had to travel to Hawaii for a video project, and I needed an Audio/Video editing workstation with me. I needed a computer with a lot of power & speed, video capture ability, audio and video in and out, editing with some reasonable speed, a lot of storage, and a big 17" LCD.

I don't own a laptop, but I had a 1.42GHz Mini laying around in a canvas bag, collecting dust. Lots of people have seen my mod and said that someone already invented the laptop, but this thing has infinitely more power and speed than any laptop I've ever used. And it's a lot heavier, too! Power and weight... THAT's what I wanted... right! I decided to get brave, and build my first MOD! This is how it went. It took more time than I imagined, but it was WELL worth it. I assume anyone attempting this already knows hot to take things apart, so I leave most of that out.

See the Mod HERE:  http://www.case42.com/minimod
Dual 867: 2GB/1.2TB/6 HD/2 110Ds/ATI 9800, Pinnacle DC30, Rage128 pro/SCSI/G4port ### Modded 1.42 Gig Mini:re-Built inside briefcase/3.5" 350GB IDE/2GB/DL SuperDrive/BT/AirportEX ### Dual 2GHz G5:4GB/1TB/106D/9800XT/9200