Hey War, you know you can PM me or email me directly, if you have questions smile

As far as macbook painting, here's what I would do. First, figure you're gonna have to gut the entire machine in order to get down to plastics. So keep track of where everything goes, make a screw map, and keep it all organized. Do this, and you'll thank me later. I promise.

But, once you're down to bare plastics, I'd scuff them with 800-1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper. you dont want the surface all gouged up, you just want to take it down flat and get the gloss off it. Then, mask off things like the bottom feet with masking paer. Mask anything you dont want painted. Then, a good sandable primer would be next. several coats, and then a light sand (dry) with 800 grit, justy to smooth it, an pull off the dust. Wipe down with a tack cloth as well.

Once your primer is smooth, if you're using spray paint, you should be able to go straight to your color coats. However, if you're using something semi-transparent, I'd spray on a flat white automotive first. Likewise, if you want some sparkle, get one of those transparent sparkle coats and spray that over your white, and under your color coat. If you're going with just a solid opaque color, dont worry about it. When spraying, read the directions on the can, shake the can constantly, and work in even strokes. You'll want to put several coats on with appropriate flash times, so the paint can build up. Once the paint has cured for the full drying time (24-48 hours at least) I would wet sand it with 2000 grit, in order to get it super smooth. Then, clear coat your color. Same as paint, give it plenty of drying time. Then wet sand with 2k grit, and use a good rubbing compound to polish it out. 3M makes a good compound in a black bottle. You'll be amazed at the shine you get. I promise.

War, if you want more detail, email me directly at [url=mailto:info@modyourmac.com]mailto:info@modyourmac.com[/url]