I was watching the history channel's Modern Marvels on magnets. Torwards the end of the show they were talking about some company that was trying to make memory work like a harddrive. They said it would make the system hold all of the data into memory when you reboot ot turn off the computer so you don't have to wait for the computer to boot back up.

I like the idea but theres also a bad thing about it. Computers are in a state to get away from conventinal hard drives and use something that is solid state. Also most end users reboot their system to clean out the memory for faster performance.

This has also gave me a idea. Gigabyte has made something like a solid state drive that uses DDR2 memory (only uses uptp 4GB at the moment) and uses a battery to hold the data. Wouldn't the same method work for RAM? So this way a power source keeps the memory on so data stays in place when the rest of the system is off. Then if you ever want to clear the ram you turn off the system and hit a reset switch and turn the system back on.

Or instead of that use Non-Volatile Ram (NVRAM).