So, I don't appear to be able to properly eject CDs from my system. If they remain in either my internal DVD burner or my external CD burner (oh yeah, FW ports seem to be working now, after a PMU reset) for more than, oh, 1 minute, you can eject them only in the sense that their icon disappears from the desktop... Beyond that, the CD never gets ejected. With the external drive, that's not a problem. With the internal drive, it means re-booting the computer. Which, in a way, would be fine if it would actually reboot and not just hang until I force it to shut down.

Any ideas? Should I perhaps follow the kext cache purge routine and do other usual troubleshooting maintenance?

I also did something I now regret: I used to have Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn installed on my iMac and it didn't run so good. I just thought, "Hey, why don't I install it on this PowerMac G4?!" It installed fine... Until it told me it had added software that needed me to restart my computer, and then once the desktop loaded up, I was getting horrible screen artifacts. After putting the Radeon 9800 Pro back to stock frequencies, they went away, and I was able to go into ATIcellerator II with the ability to see things well and figure out the speed reduction limits before artefacting began. I'm waiting for a reply from MacPlay about what was installed and if it can be removed and have the game still work.

Of course, I tried to eject the game's first disc about 30 minutes after it was put into my external optical drive and - whatayaknow - it never truly ejected and will not now re-mount. Fan-tastic.

So, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!