So, I'm nearing completion on my MDD mod. I went out yesterday and decided to stop at a local hardware shop to grab some aluminum screen/mesh and a sheet of thin rubber. Why?

The screen is to remove one of the optical drive doors and create a vent that isn't just a giant, open hole. With some dremel work I might also create a screen behind where I mounted the fan controller.

The rubber is to make gromets for the fans like the ones inside the PSU have on them. It might be a bit thicker, but since it's going on fans that aren't in such confined spaces, it shouldn't be too bad. Anything I can do to potentially lessen noise is A-OK in my book.

In closing, I think I will settle for putting the bus speed back to 133MHz. I may just not have the time to devote to trying different CPU multiplier settings on the 167 bus. I do have some more I want to add to the machine, like a slot cooler behind the GPU, and with some more of the optical drive chassis removed I could probably give my 9800 Pro a heatpipe cooler!

Oh, one more thing: I noticed that if you underclock the 9800 too much, it does not play nice. Bad 9800 Pro! Bad! ... OK, fine, you can run at only -5% to -10% processor and memory speeds.