The MDD case is metal with plastic face plates on the sides and front. Does anyone know the clearance between the plates and the metal? Could you fit some dampening pads in there (possibly 4mm thick)? Or, would it be better to put them inside, possibly under the mother board or something?

Speaking of under the motherboard...
I saw mod from a guy who I think was in the UK and when he took everything out to clean the case and overclock, he decided to put a clear sheet of some sort of low-/no-static plastic under the motherboard because of some kind of paranoia that it wouldn't ever sit in the right spot again so he didn't want it to directly touch the case. Is this actually a concern? Does the motherboard not have a set of stumps or guides of another sort to rest on?

Also, does anyone know if it's worth the minor trouble to add heatsinks to the various chips on the mobo? I've seen things like northbridge heatsinks (some crazy looking ones too!) and people do put 'em on the memory chips of graphics cards. What about some of those other myriad chips? Maybe they just never generate any amount of heat worth speaking of.

Some of the mods I wanted to do, like replacing the ribbon cables for the HDDs, I may put off 'til the rest of the work is done.

Did I mention in any of my older posts that I have zero intention of changing the case of my MDD? Well, aside from moving the tower's speaker, since it's almost 100% useless to me.

Anyway... As always, thanks for any answers!

-matt