I'm not sure if I should share such an idea, but I don't know if anyone else has done this.

My dock was insanely clutterd with colorful little icons. I don't like wading through folders looking for single application i don't use too often, but just often enough to justify cramming into my dock. I never used the folders/files protion of the dock either. That little line isn't there just to keep the trash bin from bitting the other applications. Since I never used this, I also never knew you could browse through folders via the left-click contextual menu.

This may take a little time to get used to but, instead of the mess. I have three programs that stay in my dock permanently: finder, word and final cut. I've placed the programs I use into six folders/categories: Utilities, Internet, MultiMedia, Games, Adobe CS2, and Macromedia. No more clicking through folders looking for that one program or utility. Also with the help of Photoshop and a great little program called Icon builder i made some custom icons for the folders.

Post edited by: macDeviant, at: 2005/10/04 19:03
2.4gHz 15" MacBook Pro, 1.66gHz Core Duo Mac Mini, 2.5gHz G5 QUAD, 733mHz Quicksilver, 450mHz G4 Cube, 700mHz G3 iBook, 350mHz Sawtooth G4, 350mHz Revs. A and B B&W G3, 16mHz Powerbook 100, 8mHz Macitosh Classic.