Heh, you're a braver man than me TCP. The one rule of the house here is never smoking inside. Being Apple/PC Techs, we periodically encounter what we call the Marlboro Effect. People who are in some cases "Shut-ins" and pretty much chain smoke in an enclosed environment for months at a time. Then their computers break and they bring me an iMac G4 that isnt white and clear anymore. Its dark brown, and covered in tar. We've had iMac G3's where we've had to spray the plastics with oven cleaner, and then pressure wash them to get them back to normal. Another time, we had to spend an hour scraping the gunk out of a customer's machine to get it to close right.

Of course, I'm not sayin that you're in that category or anything. I'm certainly not smile I just dont ever wanna have to clean my computers, the way I've had to clean other people's.

Course, it IS funny when the service manager tells a customer that the technician decided he wasnt going to repair their machine, till he'd put on rubber gloves and scrubbed all the tobacco tar out of their computer. Oh, and it took 3 hours. :silly: