Haha, well, it's probably my fault :P

I found a great Lombard, complete with 5400rpm 80gig drive, working pristinely, for $180.

After setting the bus to 83mhz, and swapping out a RAM DIMM ( a 512mb DIMM into the top socket ), all the machine would give me is the GLOD ( green light o' death ).

SO, I set the resistors on the daughtercard back to the 66mhz setting, tossed in the original RAM, and hit reset... only to see the GLOD again.
I double-checked the resistors with a multimeter to ensure they were good.

Pressing the power button does nothing. Pressing the reset button in the I/O area gives me the GLOD, which blinks once before turning off when I hit the reset a second time.

Now, I could replace the CPU, but I'm not certain that's what went wrong ( though I have a good idea, lol ), or even if it's permanent. I've used and repaired Pismos and Wallstreets, so this is my first Lombard, and I hear they can be temperamental, though I suspect this one had no issues until I tweaked it.

With a new CPU, I'm likely to try another, albeit less risky mod, but I want it to run, and properly, for the time being. I remember 2400's having similar issues, where a GLOD could be caused by any number of things.

What I'd like to know is what other Lombard owners have in terms of experience. Could the PMU have bitten the dust?
Is there some Lombard Tiki Voodoo dance I need to do?

BTW, the CPU gets warm while the light glows.
Thanks in advance.

Post edited by: Antonio, at: 2005/08/01 01:31

Website Facebook Twitter House of Hackers