I've been doing my onw limited research on Proc Upgrds and have been pointed in various directions. Anyway I ran across an article on Tidbits written back in November of 2004, which really explained a lot. The author has his own specific issues but it's worth reading. Especially if you are a neophyte like me. It has some interesting observations, including one about the Sleep mode issue, which I noticed someone in another thread is torqued about.

http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=07884

By the way, (off topic) I got my MCE Superdrive ($109)w/Dual layer support and it cranks up just fine.
I also ended getting the ATI 9000 Pro. I got some input from zenstate I thnk, about the fact that the 9800 boots up just fine on OS 9.2 but I had already ordered the 9000. I have to admit the idea of the 9800 is mighty tempting, but when I really thought about it, the only reason I was going to get it was to run Motion. And I've been on the fence about upgrading my AE 5 to 6.5 Pro anyway. So now I've got more money to do that. And to buy my new dual processor upgrade.