It's a choke:

Choke An inductive electrical component used to filter electromagnetic interference and lamp filament hum from electronics.

You can buy chokes at electronics stores to put on the power supplies for your computer and audio equipment, but should NEVER put them on the lines carrying the audio signal as they WILL squash the signal.