nathan2480

Quote:
Are you kidding me?!?!

No, I am not kidding! What are your thoughts?

[ul][*]Do you feel the public school system is doing the best that it can?
[*]Do you feel the teachers, as a whole, are teaching what they should be, or just teaching to a test so they can keep their jobs?
[*]Do you feel that teaching ebonics or teaching in Spanish is really pushing our students to better themselves?
[*]Do you feel affirmative action should be something that is put back into our school system so that people of certain ethnic backgrounds are put in front of those that worked hard and earned the grades to get into schools?
[*]Do you feel that it is okay to only go to school for 3-4 hours a day and still meet the required 30 hours per week?
[*]Does the well-being of students' health matter to you when the government regulated lunch program is now including fast food?
[*]How about the teachers being afraid of going to work because a student might pull out a weapon against them or other students? Also related, do your feel it is a good thing that our public schools now have to have security personnel and security devices because of the increased violence on campus?[/ul]

I'm not sure what explanation you might have for your post. What might you think I would be kidding about?

I find it hard to believe that a public high school, which has at least one history/current events/government teacher, would not know that a previous POTUS passed away.

Now, given the size of most public schools, I imagine there are at least 3-5 such teachers. Not one of those teachers is concerned with how the flag of our nation is flying? Not one of them has paid attention to the news for several days at a time? (Which means that they are not providing proper information to their students.)