Or why I'm so cynical of any media.

This is about our fair city and CNN's spin on it. Great ohh ahh press but nowhere near all the facts.

Here's the local take putting the fear of losing vital law enforcement services in as a plug for the tax.

What ticks me off is that they are using FUD to try and push the vote on the tax. They're using $200 million in stimulus money, plus local money, around a half billion or more total, to build a freaking 10 mile long light rail line from downtown to north of the city line, only one leg of many that are planned eventually, half a billion dollars. This is supposed to stimulate the local economy in the long run somehow by brining people into a downtown that has always rolled the sidewalks up at 6:00 for as long as I can remember. The mass transit here isn't very complex, but it doesn't need to be. The downtown area is only a little over a mile long, all down one stretch of road, not much branching out except for a block or so each side. We have a bus line and taxis that are having trouble getting riders, why try another venue?

People trying to make us the metropolis we'll never be.