<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Problem is these puppies are coming from ATI. Apple has nothing to do with it.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, but ATi only provides the reference for the cooler, the vendors are free to modify the cooling as they wish. Apple could put a 2 slot cooler on it.<br><br>I got the ASUS card, which has SmartDoctor that adjusts the fan speed automatically and works pretty good. As is, the BIOS on the card only runs the fan at like 10%. When you up that to say 45-50% the temps drop dramatically and it's still quiet. However playing games it cranks up to 100% and sounds like a wind tunnel. I've read you can modify some DLL's and fix the problem that way too.<br><br>I think ASUS might actually manufacture the cards for Apple?<br><br>My Zalman cooler hasn't arrived yet for the card, I actually just ordered it. Can't wait to see how much of a difference it makes.<br><br>Somehow I also got picked to test a new CPU cooler for CoolerMaster, called the V8. I like it so much I kept it on in place of the Zalman 9700 I had installed. It's running full speed and you can barely hear it and my CPU sits at 25-27C idle (the Zalman had it at 33 or so). Plus it looks cool as all hell, it resembles the manifold on an engine.<br><br>By comparison, this G5 is at 54C idle. I wonder if I took off the sinks and put on some Arctic Silver if it would make a difference. <br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!

Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
twitter.com/SgtBaxter
facebook.com/Bryan.Eckert