Maybe I've been putting too many hours in at work or teaching .. I dunno but I somehow missed this factoid and if there were any thread on it... but I was doing a research on the net about Cindy McCain and found this treasure at Wikipedia :<br><br>[color:blue]<br>"Marriage and family<br><br>Hensley met John McCain in April 1979 at a military reception in Hawaii.[16] He was the U.S. Navy liaison officer to the United States Senate, almost eighteen years her senior.[17] He was married to his wife Carol, and had previously had extramarital affairs in the mid-1970s.[18] Carol and John McCain had separated briefly once, but had since come back together.[16] McCain and Hensley quickly began a relationship,[17] traveling between Arizona and Washington to see each other.[8] Carol and John McCain finally separated later in 1979,[16][19] Carol accepted a divorce in February of 1980,[16] effective in April 1980, and then John and Cindy were married on May 17, 1980 at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix.[8] They made a prenuptial agreement that kept most of her family's assets under her name;[20] they have since kept their finances apart and file separate income tax returns.[20]" </font color=blue><br><br>I think she's pretty admiral from first glance.. she established a non-profit organization that organized trips by medical personnel to disaster-struck or war-torn third-world areas. <br><br>But the thing that struck me was this: "McCain and Hensley quickly began a relationship" (while he's still married to Carol) AND He (McCain) was married to his wife Carol, and had previously had extramarital affairs in the mid-1970s.<br><br>Wasn't it the righteous GOP who hounded Clinton for his previous womanizing from Day 1. SO ... doesn't this appear like a double standard ? I don't like either and I don;t think either has an excuse. But it appears many of the right are willing to overlook McCain's infidelity.... and it wasn't just 1 with Cindy.<br>I'd never heard of this before today.... is this old news, or just some seldom mentioned ?<br><br>David (OFI)