<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>This is where we are right now. It's a racial stalemate we've been stuck in for years. Contrary to the claims of some of my critics, black and white, I have never been so na´ve as to believe that we can get beyond our racial divisions in a single election cycle, or with a single candidacy - particularly a candidacy as imperfect as my own.<p><hr></blockquote><p>What's wrong with pointing out that he does not want to be the great black hope, that he is not perfect?<br><br>He is trying to answer your concerns you raised a week ago. That his zombie like followers are going to be crushed when he doesn't fix everything right away.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"I'm here because of Ashley." By itself, that single moment of recognition between that young white girl and that old black man is not enough. It is not enough to give health care to the sick, or jobs to the jobless, or education to our children.<br><br>But it is where we start. <p><hr></blockquote><p>And I think it is a great place to start. The best place to start. Not a place to start because everyone else is not as good and he is a little bit better. It is a great place to start because on so many levels he is head and shoulders above McCain. He is head and shoulders above all our politicians.<br><br>