In his speech, Obama tried to equate Reverend Wright's racist and anti-America comments to those of your pastor, priest or rabbi that you might've disagreed with. Well, in all my years of going to different churches, I've never heard a pastor or minister come close to the inflammatory words used and embraced by Reverend Wright. <br><br>Obama also tried to give "context" to those words by briefing us on the America Wright grew up in. He also touted Wright's good works. Was Obama so willing to give Don Imus's words "context" by looking at the America Imus grew up in? So willing to look at all the charitable and good works Imus has done? <br><br>Obama was also arrogant in his speech. He said:<br><br><blockquote>Trinity's services are full of raucous laughter and sometimes bawdy humor. They are full of dancing, clapping, screaming and shouting that may seem jarring to the untrained ear</blockquote><br><br>As if somehow we shouldn't find it shocking to see Wright making racist comments, and seeing the congregation laughing, standing and cheering. As if we should find it natural to see a minister denigrate a former President and first lady by simulating "doggie style sex" from the pulpit. No, we just have an "untrained ear." <br><br>His speech was disappointing. It could've really been a "speech for the ages" as Chris Matthews gushed. But it was a sad, missed real opportunity. Up to this point I had no opinion of Obama either way, but his excuse making and embracing of Reverend Wright turned the corner for me. <br><br>***********************<br>I got nothin'