Yeah, exactly.<br><br>This whole thing is rooted in the idea that you love people despite their imperfections. There is this incredible need in our current politics for pissing matches between our various outrage. Perhaps is the amount of gasbags on televisions or the preponderance of opinion being delivered as news, but it seems that so much of the oxygen in our philosophical arguments is taken up by whether or not someone has adequately attacked one thing or idea or person.<br><br>That is the exact challenge presented by Sen. Obama's speech. He is in a sense saying, "Yes, this is where I'm from. These are the problems with it. This is how we fix it." What he is doing is not politically "safe" because it is so straightforward and it took a lot of courage to do that.<br><br>I think that a lot of the less enlightening commentary on this speech will border on the absolute obtuse. I'm sure that people will pretend to not understand or take a selective interpretation from it. That's fine. Sen. Obama is a better man for having given this speech and the kind of voters that don't appreciate this kind of argument probably would never support him anyways.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U