I use Parallels both at work and home. I do not have any experience with Fusion, so cannot comment on it. Parallels works really well for applications such as Office and non-gaming applications, and seems to run nearly as fast as typical PCs. (It's light speed compared with the old Virtual PC.) A nice thing about Parallels is that you do not have to partition your HD to install it, however, if you do have a Boot Camp partition with Windows installed, Parallels can use that too. Then you have the best of both worlds, reboot for best performance or run in virtualization for most convenience. There is a mode in Parallels (called “coherence”) that makes the Windows desktop transparent. You see the Windows taskbar at the bottom, Mac menubar at the top, and the Mac dock under Windows or at the side. I pin mine to the side. All running applications, including Windows applications, are shown in the Mac dock and you can switch between them just like Mac applications. You can also operate in single window or full screen mode for a Windows look and feel (Ugh!).<br><br>If you're not into Windows server management, workgroups, and file encryption, you probably don't need XP Professional. Compare list of features -> here<br><br>Who serves his fellows, is of his fellows greatest - Chingachgook (by legend) <br><br>Scout