The Athlon XP's are comparable to G4's. Actually, they a lot faster than the G4's were, but that's the era you're talking about. The reason it's called an 1800 is because it was comparable to a 1.8 GHz P4.<br><br>I actually still have an older XP 1800 PC I keep around, my daughter runs her barbie games on it, and I upgraded it with a decent video card over the summer. It's still a decent machine for web browsing, and light games. I bought it about a year after I got my B&W G3... which is no longer in service.<br><br>I suppose if you say it seems so slow it's because the HD is fragged beyond comprehension, and they're probably running some crappy virus ware and other junk. A fresh HD and getting rid of stuff that doesn't need to be on it, and it'd seem like a brand new 'puter.<br><br>My in-laws got a new PC over the summer, and frankly it seems a lot slower than that old PC because of the virus ware and other junk running in the system tray. Takes about 2x as long to boot too.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!

Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
twitter.com/SgtBaxter
facebook.com/Bryan.Eckert