<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>OTOH, Vista is doing just as good as XP, and with D3D10, having better graphics than XPs D3D9, at the same frame rate.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well to be fair, most of the DX9 and DX10 comparisons I've seen show the same frame rates with DX9 in Vista. In XP they've generally been 10-15% faster.<br><br>Of course "better graphics" is so far mostly bunk, the only improvements I've seen are hard edges where sprites intersect are mostly non apparent in DX10, otherwise in the current crop of games there's pretty much zero difference. It's not the underlying technology as much as it's the talent of the artists using that technology. You can all too easily make a DX10 game that looks like complete crap.<br><br>What will be interesting will be next year about this time when hardware has advanced more and crytek releases some of the features in Crysis that they've crippled because the hardware can't run it currently. Of course it wasn't much different with the changeover from DX8 to DX9, the games that will show the real difference haven't even been released yet. DX10 is better than DX9, but I don't know how quickly those features will be realized.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!

Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
twitter.com/SgtBaxter
facebook.com/Bryan.Eckert