<blockquote>Windows XP "upgrade" with the Parallels software, I have no Microsoft Word</blockquote><br>Microsoft Word is not packaged with the full or "Upgrade" version of Windows XP. You need to have purchased Microsoft Word separately to have been able to install it (unless you had "OEM"). If you are going to fork out money for Windows Word anyway, I would suggest buying the Mac version. Or the guys here could recommend an alternative altogether. I don't use Word much so I couldn't help you there.<br><blockquote> I cannot get the Windows XP to operate the Internet</blockquote><br>You may need to provide a little more details. I remember it was not too difficult to set up. I had it running on my MacBook Pro but I actually haven't got round to buying an activation key so I can't take a look.<br><blockquote>Concerning external speakers. I have an external speaker system, complete with a subwoofer, which I am trying to connect to my iMac</blockquote><br>Where are you connecting to in the external speaker system. Is it one of those gaming systems? It should work. IIRC the "headphones" port could double up as a "Line Out". Again someone with an iMac could help.<br><br>BTW have you had a look at your System Preferences>Sound? You may need to select the appropriate Sound Output port (I think it could be Digital Out) if it hasn't adjusted automatically.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bookrat on 06/01/07 09:41 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>