I'm excited to have installed a new 60 GB HD in my G4 tower. I got it yesterday and have been putzing with it and the old drive ever since. I used to have two partitions on the single drive, but I've gotten rid of the partitions, and now have X on the new drive and 9.2 on the old drive. The only difficult thing about the change was that I couldn't just drag all the files in the old OS X partition onto the new drive and have that serve instead of reinstalling the OS. So I did have to reinstall X onto the new drive. On the other hand, I did not have to reinstall any of the X apps. I just dragged them over from the old partition, and of course the preferences files and all the other sundry files that the various apps installed. Since I had to reformat the old HD to get rid of the partition, I did have to move al the files associated with the OS 9 partition back and forth from HD to HD a couple of times, but that was no problem (except that I had a severe case of having to rebuild the desktop!).<br><br>All in all it was as painless as could be expected.<br><br>This is the first HD I've installed, by the way, so I'm a little proud of myself right now. I know that feeling will die soon, though, 'cause for me it's not a whole lot of time that passes between mistakes .<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear