<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>That's very much a matter of opinion, but since you bring it up, Vista is very much a "FULL" version, as was XP compared to 98.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>I guess you missed this part in my post: <br><br>So you could take that copy of any OS X release and install it on all of your macs, no matter what they were running (Tiger may have been different, you had to get a CD if you didn't have a DVD player and it may have required a little more in the hardware).<br><br>and this one:<br>If you bought XP Home ($189) plus Vista Home Full ($226), that's $415 right there. But if you want everything in Vista that you would get for OSX out of the box, that's another $152 for a total of $567.<br><br>The reason I posted those is because XP home version and Vista home versions are watered down versions of XP Pro and Vista Ultimate. OSX only comes in 2 flavors: OSX client and Server.<br><br><br>$567 for 2 flaky OS's is not worth $645 (that's including 10.5) for a rock solid OS. Oh, and XP Pro? that's another $60 over the cost of XP Home. So we are up to $627 for 2 Windows OS's. $17 isn't that big of a difference.<br><br>At work, we just upgraded to XP Pro because they didn't want to risk the database of what we have. So 3 years after the release of XP Pro, we finally get it. I guess we'll get Vista in 2010 or 2011.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>No, they could have done what Apple does and charge people for the bug fixes while dropping in the occasional new feature or upgrade. If you think that you're getting enough new stuff each OS X point revision, then I'm happy for you.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>What exactly was upgraded in SP1 and 2? Was there any additional function placed in XP with those releases? (I"m serious, I don't know)<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>but the amount of anti-Microsoft rhetoric on the Mac sites is deafening. That shows that we're more concerned with Vista as a threat of some sort to OS X than we ever were about XP.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Hehe..no, I see it more as "can you believe people buy this zune??" <br><br>