10.1 was a free upgrade.<br><br>Here's another difference though. At $129, you got the FULL version of OSX, not an upgrade. So you could take that copy of any OS X release and install it on all of your macs, no matter what they were running (Tiger may have been different, you had to get a CD if you didn't have a DVD player and it may have required a little more in the hardware).<br><br>Plus, spread out over the years, it makes spending $516 a lot easier than all at once. <br><br>If you bought XP Home ($189) plus Vista Home Full ($226), that's $415 right there. But if you want everything in Vista that you would get for OSX out of the box, that's another $152 for a total of $567.<br><br>XP SP1 & 2 had to be free to fix all of those bugs in the XP release. That's equal to 10.x.x releases that we get.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Why? Because we're afraid that MS actually has something half-decent which actually gives OS X a run for its money, maybe?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Afraid? nah..not me. I just feel sorry for those who get this heaping POS from MS. They could give away Vista for free and I still wouldn't be afraid or even tempted to try it out.<br><br>