Since you're preaching to the choir, I suppose I should save my breath but ignorance and denial are two different conditions so I guess I should find out which you're offering.<br><br>A simple comparison shows that if you bought each version of OS X since its release, as most of us here have done I think, then you have paid for 10, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4 - all at $129 each.<br><br>5 x $129 = $645. If you buy Leopard, you'll be adding another $129 which will take you to $774.<br><br>If you bought Windows XP and you buy Vista, over a similar timeframe, then you paid ~$500. SP1 and SP2 were free in XP as they will no doubt be in Vista.<br><br>So bagging MS for its pricing policies is at best a fallacy. But it comes across mostly as a desperate attempt to denigrate an opposition OS. Why? Because we're afraid that MS actually has something half-decent which actually gives OS X a run for its money, maybe?<br><br>Whatever the truth is, it sure sounds that way.<br><br>Getting back to price for a moment, most of us would be happy to acknowledge that we're comfortable with paying a premium for our platform of choice, but it doesn't alter the fact that MS's pricing policy is nowhere close to being the rort that we as a community claim it is.<br><br>And please, those who get some fabulous discount from Apple for academic reasons or other deep discounts, the same reductions apply on the Windows side, so let's stick to retail sales for your flames.<br><br>(That last bit is not aimed at you, DLC) <br><br>