The Lombard (or G3 bronze keyboard) can access 512MB of RAM maximum.<br><br>I'm unsure about the speed of PC memory and would rely on the advises of a reputable Mac online or storefront dealer. I would tend to agree that either PC 66 or 100 would work, but you could easily check this online with one of the big memory dealers.<br><br>Sadly, I have a bad feeling about your comments. I've usually seen similar situations with Macs that had mother board problems. However, such often are accompanied by odd crashing and startup problems, especially the latter. <br><br>Sadly, hardware problems encountered as you describe are not at all predictible and are best checked with an authorized technician.<br><br>To avoid that expense you might try to exchange the memory with the seller. Knowledgeable sellers, using Ramjet as one example, when discussing such issues on the phone or by email can often provide some insight into such problems, providing you with some free tech support in the process.<br><br>I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this matter, but defective memory usually doesn't show up all.<br><br>You might want to double check the Apple Knowledge Base for specs on max memory for the Lombard. Early beige G3 desktops and the first G3 Powerbook (Kanga??) had limits in the 160-192MB range. <br><br>My recollection (a comment which should give anyone pause!) is that both the Lombard and Wallstreet could access 512MB and that this was bumped to 1GB with the Pismo.<br><br>Good luck.<br><br><br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better' so I bought a Macintosh." - Anonymous