The Iowa gun deaths thing is 'true' - insofar as it's a statistic. I found it when Bowling For Columbine came out in the UK - after seeing that film, I wanted to know if his statistics were real or not, so I went looking on the web, and one of the things I found alongside a list of the top 10 countries in the world for gun deaths was this research about gun deaths across the US, which said that if Iowa were a country it would rate in the top 10 countries. I think it was for 2002 or 2003 the research date. I don't have the link anymore, I'm afraid.<br><br>As to the reading with the brain thing, someone once pointed out to me "Our problem is that we don't believe what we see, we see what we believe." And the perceptual filters for the different senses are very different too. If you write poetry, try reading it out loud to yourself - it's a much more direct experience than reading just through the eyes, because there's a lot less interpretation going on between spoken word-ears-brain than between written word-eyes-brain.<br><br>- Padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>