Since I'm sure everyone is dying to find out what's been going on with my friend's DV export problems, I thought I'd put in an update.<br><br>First, a student with an iBook, using the same initial raw footage, had no problem exporting from iMovie to DV film. Other friends of my friend with G4s also don't have the problem. On the other hand, yet another friend who has an iMac does have the problem. So it seems that the problem is specific to the iMac. (Incidentally, my friend went to the local Apple reseller, and some guy told him that he should expect less than perfection from a consumer model and a consumer app--some sales job for Apple products, don't you think?)<br><br>Anyway, he's now installed Final Cut 2, and he has had no problems exporting from that app. So the problem has to be somehow or other in the interface between iMovie and the DV camera. I thought maybe it might have something to do with Firewire extensions, but he does have the most recent ones. So who knows.<br><br>One more thing. The local Apple reseller wanted to try out iMovie on X on my friend's iMac, and installed an earlier version of OS X 10.1 than the one in general release. And they left it on his machine. Is that a violation of the licence agreement, I wonder?<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear