I'm bummed by the whole business of the settlement, but this really takes the grand prize for tomfoolery:<br><br>"The decision eliminates the establishment of a technical committee to assess Microsoft's compliance with the agreement. In its place, a corporate compliance committee -- consisting of Microsoft board members -- will make sure Microsoft lives up to the deal, the judge said."<br><br>I guess this judge has never heard of foxes guarding chicken coops?<br><br>What I don't get is how the US can be so willing to have MS continue to dominate. To get an interesting contrast, read this story from The Register, about the govenment of Namibia rejecting an MS offer for "free stuff" because someone actually sat down and figures out that the "free stuff" would end up forcing Namibia to spend something like 15 times the value of what MS was so willing to "give." No one over here seems to have that much sense.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"