<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Yet you assume that it is completely outside the realm of possibility… <p><hr></blockquote><p>Woah, hold the phone here. I NEVER said that, and I assume absolutely NOTHING about this case, other than it is an absolute tragedy. My point was simply that the finger was being pointed at the parents, when in reality, both parties acted selfishly and in their own interests, rather than Terri's.<br><br>I can see both points of view here, as someone who had to make a similar decision just a short while ago with my sister. On one hand, you hold out hope that a miracle will happen. But reality must set in at some point, and the right thing must be done. For me and my family, the decision was simple because my sister was already brain-dead by the time we arrived at the hospital, so when we gave the ok to take her off life-support (which was really only keeping blood flowing throughout her body so she could be an organ donor) the only thing we were doing was allowing the doctor to declare her LEGALLY deceased. <br><br>In Terri Schiavo's case, the situation was a little different, but the reality of it was the same... she was gone, and she was never coming back.<br><br>