You're blowing this out of proportion and I don't know why.<br><br>Let's use the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign as an example. They are called the "Fighting Illini" and their mascot during basketball and football games is a student dressed up in Native American ceremonial clothing who dances around the court or field. However much the current students and alumni guard Chief Illiniwek, the local Native Americans for whom he is named can't stand to see their heritage, religious and cultural, taken without permission and used during half-time of a basketball game, no matter how reverend the alumni say they are about the tribe's culture.<br><br>So what is the right thing to do in this situation? Does the U of I alumni have more a claim to a culture than the local tribes?<br><br>Sadly, they do, because they donate heavily to U of I's coffers and the Board of Trustees is going to capitulate to them no matter what, even if it means continuing to insult Native Americans.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey